Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Corona Ward Mutual Activity
After my short talk, we went into the cultural hall and everyone made blankets, even the Young Men and I was loving the visiting and felllowship of all the youth. Mutual is such an awesome program and I can't wait for my own children to be a part of it someday.
Here are some of the pictures from the evening....
Have I mentioned I love my job at Blankets for Brianna?
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Walk to Remember 2012
The brown box was also courtesy of Pinterest. Its a diaper box covered in fabric. LOVE IT!
I also made Pink and Blue ribbons for anyone to wear symbolizing Pregnancy and Infant Loss.
Now into the walkers....
Monday, September 17, 2012
We took 2 packages of blankets to London and 1 to Liverpool. This by far has been my favorite location geographywise. One of the hospitals was right on the River Thames across from Parliment. How awesome is that.
I didn't call ahead like usual, but all the staff was so appreciative and wonderful. This was also the first time my husband went along for the delivery.
Monday, July 30, 2012
Perfect People at the Perfect Time
My last stop of the night was a woman in her early 20s who should enter Crochet Wars, if there is such a thing. Her blankets looked so professional. But then again everyone's look professional next to mine. I met up with her and her mother and father. They were all so welcoming and caring as I entered their house. I could have stayed all night. They were some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. They definitely touched my heart.
This family was not immune to trials. They have had their fair share in the past few years. But ALL OF THEM WERE SMILING. They all were happy, they all wanted to help others, and they all were amazing.
They are set to open two businesses in the upcoming months (I will keep you all posted). One is called Luxurious Events. They will be doing event planning, weddings and such. They have beautiful ideas and materials.
Their other business is Menifee Valley Buy and Sell Thrift. Both of these businesses will be in Menifee. They want to get the community involved. They will be having a Grand Opening scheduled for sometime maybe September and they want Blankets for Brianna there. They have offered to be a Blanket for Brianna drop off location. They have so many great ideas and I am so happy to work with them. Having them help Blankets for Brianna is just icing on the cake. Even without that, they touched my heart and uplifted my spirit. Their faith could move mountains, they laughter and smiles cheers up anyone's day. They were just the perfect people for me at the perfect time and made me feel even better.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Finding Your Grief Path
I wanted to start Blankets for Brianna to help myself through the grieving process of losing my only child and also to bring comfort and peace to other families during their similar trials. After Brianna was born, I started to attend a support group called Compassionate Friends. This group is for any child loss whether just born, or adults. This weekend after attending the services of my dear friend, Dominc, I had the opportunity to attend their National Conference in Costa Mesa. I learned alot, and can't wait til next year in Boston.
I felt it was appropriate to share some of the pointers I learned with you, as I know many of my friends are grieving. Many of us, may not have experience with these types of feelings, so I pray that what I took from the conference helps you all too.
- Try not to focus on your loved one's death. Their death is a short time of their whole life. Try to focus on the positive and good memories. (In this workshop, I shared that Joe used to always do this funny dance with my pregnant belly... He was dancing with his daughter. We don't have many memories since we had just a short time with her, but there are some and we need to focus on those). If you can be positive, it balances out the grief.
- The relationship with your loved one continues after death. Do not let their passing be the end. They are still alive even if not on earth. And love remains.
- Emotions are only negative if you hold them in. Let the grief pass through you. Cry... if you are a male or female. It takes courage to deal with grief.
- Just because you do not feel your loved on near you, doesn't mean they aren't.
- Grief is internal, mourning is external.
- Grieving is inevitable, misery is not.
- Let go of the pain, but do not let go of the love.
- Grief is a journey, not a singular event. How are you going through your journey?
Thank you again to all the friends and family who have stuck with me through my journey, especially my husband Joe. He is everything I could want in a husband and lets me grieve in the way I need. Also, thank you to the new friends I have met through Blankets for Brianna and through other support groups and bereaved parents. I hope that I uplift you as you all uplift me.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Chugging right along....
Blankets for Brianna has had some amazing accomplishments.
- Selected as the service project for the Corona Stake LDS girls camp and speaking about the project and my daughter. (...gotta write that talk)
- Selected the Board of Directors- Myself, Tiffany Hazelaar and Stefanie Muhlhauser. These women have helped me fundraise and supported me from the beginning. They both have had children in the NICU and are willing to donate their time and talents to this cause.
- Opened our business bank account at BBVA. ** If anyone needs a new bank account, BBVA Compass is offering $100 this month to people who say that Blankets for Brianna is a charity they would like to donate to. The money is paid by the bank so there is no charge to you. After this month it will be $50, so still helpful for this growing charity.
- An article wrote will be included in the "We Need Not Walk Alone" magazine by the Compassionate Friends in August. I will post when I get it back.
- We are looking for other avenues to publize the charity and organization. I have a phone call set up with Groupon Grassroots on Monday to discuss getting Blankets for Brianna on their website. It is a website that is like Groupon, but for small local charities to get their name out.
Brianna has been such a bright spot in my life. I worked on 4th of July- a 12 hour shift. When I got home and came up the stairs this is what I saw coming from her room.
Tears from Heaven or a Welcome party?
I am saddened by the loss of a dear friend, Dominc Durden. Dom is everything anyone could want in a friend and he is already missed by hundreds of people. As we go through this next week reflecting on memories we have all shared and preparing for the service, I will continue to have him and his mother in my thoughts and prayers. The loss of a child is tragic, and we are all feeling a glimpse of that. I pray that his mother, Sabine, feels the comfort and peace of a loving Lord and Savior.
The day that Dominic return to heaven was the oddest weather for a July. The day before it was 106 degrees. The day he passed away it was gloomy and rainy. Some say it matched our moods. Some say it was tears. And someone said the thunder and lightening were his welcome party. Whatever it was Dominic will be missed by all. His spirit, his smile, his laugh... his bug eyes photo bombing every picture he could... He is perfect in everyway.
Sunday, June 24, 2012
A little Girls Camp didn't hurt anyone
Saturday, June 9, 2012
First try and all by myself and my paperwork was accepted. Now on to the Feds. Let's hope it's as smooth.
Girls girls girls....
165 blankets and 70 beanies...
Friday, May 18, 2012
Well last night I unexpectedly saw a dear friend. She was with her friend and introduced us. She said "This is Brianna's mom." I didn't realize it til later, but that was the best thing ever. I am Brianna's mom and I always will be. No one else can be that. This woman recently had had an activity with her friends to make blankets so the friend knew about Brianna. But nothing was mentioned about her birth or anything. Just that I was her mom. I love that.
Another group of angel helpers..
I am honored that you would have a RS Service project/activity centered on this charity, Blankets for Brianna.