Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chugging right along....

Yesterday was 6 months since Bree was born. Alot has happened. Our lives have been changed. We have been touched by her short life everyday.

Blankets for Brianna has had some amazing accomplishments.
  • Selected as the service project for the Corona Stake LDS girls camp and speaking about the project and my daughter. (...gotta write that talk)
  • Selected the Board of Directors- Myself, Tiffany Hazelaar and Stefanie Muhlhauser. These women have helped me fundraise and supported me from the beginning. They both have had children in the NICU and are willing to donate their time and talents to this cause.
  • Opened our business bank account at BBVA.  ** If anyone needs a new bank account, BBVA Compass is offering $100 this month to people who say that Blankets for Brianna is a charity they would like to donate to. The money is paid by the bank so there is no charge to you. After this month it will be $50, so still helpful for this growing charity.
  • An article wrote will be included in the "We Need Not Walk Alone" magazine by the Compassionate Friends in August. I will post when I get it back.
  • We are looking for other avenues to publize the charity and organization. I have a phone call set up with Groupon Grassroots on Monday to discuss getting Blankets for Brianna on their website. It is a website that is like Groupon, but for small local charities to get their name out.
Good things keep coming. I just need to get all my Form 1023 paperwork in order so I can get that turned in and hopefully returned by the end of the year. I would love to have this all done and recognized before Brianna's birthday.

Brianna has been such a bright spot in my life.  I worked on 4th of July- a 12 hour shift. When I got home and came up the stairs this is what I saw coming from her room.

I feel so blessed to have met Brianna and can't wait to meet her in the next life. Thanks to all for the continued support and love.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! powerful! It's great to see your hard work paying off. Just a side note, Bree is a board member also, she's the CEO.

    ReplyDelete