Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blanket Ideas- both simple and advanced

I am so excited about all the support this little project of mine has gotten.  I just wanted to post a few ideas for you all.  Some of us are not as creative as others, some think they are creative and aren't really (I fit in this category) and some are super creative... I hope everyone feels just as welcome here.

I know some of us are knitting and crocheting blankets. Some of us are sewing... I am attempting all three. :) This week I am focusing on cutting straight lines for my blankets. hahah... Its harder than it sounds.

Some of us are not comfortable knitting, crocheting or sewing, but there is something out there for people who want to help.  Fleece blankets!!! They are really easy and require NO SEWING... thats the best part. 

They can be one layer...





Or two laters... either way all you need is scissors.


Just cut slits that are about one inch all the way around and tie... easy right?


Other more advanced ideas are... .
Appliques, rag quilts, standard quilts, ruffles edges or scalloped edges. Its all what your imagination can think up.







 Blankets should be about 24-30 inches x 24-30 inches. Just enough to wrap a sweet baby in. Thanks all for your hard work so far.  Also, something else I am working on this next couple weeks is labels to attach to the blankets...

*Don't forget when purchasing anything at Joann's, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby to use the 40% off coupon that is practically always available. They will take clipped or online/printed coupons and I believe they all even take digital coupons if you have them on your phone.

1 comment:

  1. Laurel,
    This touches my heart in so many ways. You are such a strong and amazing person. I would like to donate some blankets. I do not know how to knit or crochet but, I can either buy some or make the non sewing blankets. Please let me know how I can get these to you. Email me sarahortiz427@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete